Blog Post 5: Changes to my study program

 Blog post 5

Topic: Changes to my study programme

Instructions:

Write about some changes that could be made to your study programme (career).

Among others, think about:

  • The curriculum (the subjects you have to study)

  • Workload and length of studies

  • Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)

  • Use of technology

  • Teaching methods

Upload pictures

Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post

Word Count: 230 words


I finished my program a long, long time ago, and i am certain some changes have been made since i left, but for the purpose of this entry i will apply the power of hindsight and name a number of things i consider should be changed from it (as if we were in 2008).
First thing first, the teaching through fear of ridicule thing is so twentieth century I can’t believe is still going on in this program. I get that some teachers feel the need to toughen up their pupils, but also some people are more fragile than others, and the pusillanimous crowd deserves to not fear coming to class. That being said, if someone drops out because a teacher was mean to them may not have the best life skills to begin with. The workload during the program was fine for me, and everyone, I gathered. I recall only three or four instances of having to stay up all night studying, and that was completely my own fault.
Speaking of infrastructure, other than the fact that my faculty is painfully ugly and is painted with the taste of a municipal pool decorator, I would say that the lack of toilet paper greatly hindered my ability to stay long in campus for study sessions. That, and the fact that our old library didn’t really have a lot of space, and then we got a new one that was very pretty but only had study tables on the underground level, too far down for phone signals to reach , and many a shenanigan was caused by the lack of communication.


What about you, fellow student?

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 1: A country you would like to visit

Blog Post 3: My dream job

Blog post 4: time travel to the past or future.